Thursday, August 5, 2010

does school start tomorrow?

At the end of last school year my friend, Mrs. Bauder, and her two young boys were so sweet to help me encourage Brodie in his potty training. When he had a successful day they would lend him one of their stuffed animals. Of course Brodie loved this and also loves my friend. We've seen Mrs. Bauder this summer several times and Brodie is always so happy to see her. Yesterday Brodie asked (again) if school is starting tomorrow. I explained (again) when school starts. He was very happy to hear that is starts soon. I laughed and said, "You are happy because you will get to see Mrs. Bauder everyday, huh?" Brodie answered, "Yes, and so she can give me the stuffed animals I deserve." I was surprised by this and responded, "That you deserve?" Of course he answered, "Yes!" I laughed and stooped down to give him a hug. He pushed away (which was unusual). I let him go and he crossed his arms, slanted across his chest and said, "WORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment